Q: How much does building an app cost?
A. It really depends on what kind of app you’re wanting developed. A basic app (5 screens, standard UI controls) generally start at around $20,000. Technically complex apps (integrated web service development, custom UI development, complex animations, 3d renders) require more development time, which will increase cost accordingly.
Q: How do I get started developing an app with Phodder?
A. Glad you asked. Here’s how we’ve broken it down.
We have 3 phases of engagement:
- Initiation Phase - Contact us with your app needs. In our initial meeting with you we will work to understand your mission, budget, timeline and goals. Once we have agreed on these we begin the...
- Strategy Phase - We brainstorm with you to crystalize your application strategy by working through the general concepts of the application and coming up with creative ways to engage your users. With a solid strategy in place we begin designing the work flow and user interface. In this phase we progress from sketches of every screen to detailed art of what the final product will look and feel like. That brings us to the...
- Development Phase - We start coding the app, providing weekly status reports, and regular releases of the software for you to play with. Once development is complete we help you distribute the app to the AppStore or internally if it is an enterpise app.
Q: How do I submit my app when it's complete?
A: We're happy to assist you in submitting the completed app yourself. For the iPhone, you'll need to acquire an license. Apple sells licenses that range from $99 to distribute to the AppStore to $299 to distribute in an enterprise. Android licenses cost $20.
Q: I want to use a Pheeder to convert my website/blog to an iPhone App. What's it cost?
A: The basic app framework for Pheeder costs $1000, plus any incrimental hourly costs for customization (branding, custom icons, etc). A good ballpark for a finished Pheeder is about $4000.
- Programmers - Be sure to include links to software you created, blogs you have written, open source projects you contribute to, your stackoverflow and github/bitbucket/your fav repo account, etc.
- Designers - Please provide a link to your portfolio